A New FM Jazz Service for Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is of the most important cities in jazz. This community needs and deserves a radio station to showcase this cultural force. Pittsburgh Public Media (PPM) has been busy over the past six years building a vibrant music and public service back to the Pittsburgh radio airwaves.
- The Pittsburgh Jazz Channel was started by Pittsburgh Public Media (PPM) in 2011.
- In 2013, we added 88.1 FM from Bethany, WV.
- In 2016, PPM acquired AM 1550, Braddock PA.
- Because we own AM 1550, the FCC has allowed PPM to acquire a rare new signal at 101.1 FM to cover the heart of Pittsburgh.
- The new 101.1FM will be on the air full-time in December 2017!
Help the progress with your gift, today! Make a contribution to WZUM, online, or send a check to:
PO Box 456
South Park, PA 15129
If you've already made a gift, thank you very much. The patience and support of our public radio family has been invaluable to this progress!
There is also a signal expansion approved for 88.1 FM. All of the improvements will cost about one hundred-fifty thousand dollars. Once complete, more than 1.2 million people will be in the service area of our FM signals!
For more information on WZUM and our expansion, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WZUM is a public service of Pittsburgh Public Media, a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity. Your gifts to support WZUM may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes.
Or send your support to:
PO Box 456
South Park PA ,15129